She Said: This trip was DEFINITELY not on my list but a Travelzoo Top 20 deal and a husband’s fascination with the movie convinced me to book it. I am SOOOO glad I did! A few reasons why:
- I got to hang out with the coolest guy ever…Arizona Bill. He works the gun range at the Tombstone Monument Ranch by day and does Ghost Tours in Tombstone by night.
- I found a marshal badge (the kid kind) that had my name…this is rare.
- I bought the coolest poncho ever made
- Stop by Doc Holliday’s and ask for Suzanne! Not only is she GORGEOUS she makes some mean drinks that you won’t regret…until the next day.
- I got to karaoke at the ranch in the evening. It was horrible but so much fun! I love George Strait and it was as bad as you can imagine (yes, there is video…)
- We stopped by the Tombstone Brewing Company, had some great IPA’s and bought a round for a Vietnam vet and Border Patrol agent who ended up giving us a ride in his bad ass Mustang and having dinner with us at Big Nose Kate’s Saloon.
- We rode horses, shot guns, ate great food, met great people, bought lots of cool tank tops and drank more than our share of beer and whiskey.
- The BEST find is a little restaurant called the Horseshoe Café we stumbled upon on our drive from Tucson to Tombstone. It is definitely “home cooking.” I had the hot roast beef sandwich. Open faced, brown gravy and it was so good we not only stopped on the way to Tombstone……we stopped on the way back!!
- The downfall of the trip was the nightmare with American Airlines (I won’t include her name but she was a real bitch)